From the release documenation, there are a lot of improvement in this update, GNS3 official statement:
GNS3 v0.6.1 is released! this is a minor release that brings some improvements and bug fixes. Nothing really new but now we have a solid base to start making new features. Also the GNS3 binary version for Windows has been repackaged to include python 2.6 and Qt 4.5.1 dlls. A binary version (.app) for MacOS X should be released soon.
- Copy an inserted image in the project’s working directory and update its path in the .net file.
- Prevent auto-generated interface notes to be recorded in the .net file.
- Display an error msg box if a working directory can’t be used by an hypervisor.
- Check if a hostname has already been used when creating a new node.
- Warn to use manual links when a user select a NM-16ESW module.
- Check if GNS3 is running on a Windows 64 bits OS in order to choose the correct path to Putty.
- Check IOS and working directories paths when creating new nodes and throw a warning to the user if something is wrong.
- Button to edit project settings.
- Prevent notes to be deleted when typing the delete key while editing.
- Prevent NM-16ESW modules to be removed from routers when using Ethernet/FastEthernet links.
- Tooltips update when starting/stopping/suspending routers.
- Bug with Qt 4.5 on selected filter when openning a project (getOpenFileName)
- 99MB limit for pcmcia disks.
- Unicode errors with TMP env variable on Windows.
- AttributeError: value of `chassis’ must be of type string.
- Merge correct config paths when loading a .net create on a different platform.
Thanks for your support.
Download the new GNS3 Release! v0.6.1