GNS3 0.7 is now released, it includes lot of bug fixes and improvements as well as some new features:
- Support & debugging on Windows 7.
- Qemuwrapper improvements & Windows compatibility.
- Integration of Cisco IDS/IPS, including a new symbol.
- Qemu 0.11.0 patched and Putty have been added in the Windows all-in-one package.
- An option to show the z coordinate of any object on the scene (View -> Show layers).
- Interface labels follow their moving parent nodes.
- Modified interface labels are saved in .net files.
- Option to slow start nodes (wait x seconds between each start).
- Links connected to Qemu based nodes are now removable (nodes have to be shutdown to do so).
- Possibility to set an hypervisor for Ethernet switches, ATM switches, ATM bridges and Frame Relay switches.
- New symbols for voice labs (Call manager, SIP server, IP phone, voice router, voice access server and PBX).
- New dialog window to browse and change a router startup-config.
- Undo/redo of actions is now supported.
- Qemu & qemu-img paths are saved in .net files if needed.
- Slight improvements for the snapshot system, including a new dialog window to manage it.
- Wics description in tooptips.
- Wics restoration from .net files.
- Support of relative paths in .net files (if the base path is the same as the .net file).
- Test button to validate you can launch Qemuwrapper, Qemu and qemu-img.
- New translation in Czech (thanks to Ondrej Filip).
- Lot of various small bug fixes and improvements.
- “versions” command to display Qt, PyQt and SIP versions
This version has been tested on the following OS:
- Windows 7 Professional x86 (Qt 4.5.3, PyQt 4.6.2, SIP 4.9.3)
- Windows XP SP3 x86 (Qt 4.5.3, PyQt 4.6.2, SIP 4.9.3)
- Ubuntu 9.10 (Qt 4.5.2, PyQt 4.6.1, SIP 4.9.1)
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard (Qt 4.5.3, PyQt 4.6.2, SIP 4.9.3)
Note that GNS3 doesn’t work properly with Qt 4.6.1 and 4.6.2 (graphical bugs)
Help us to improve GNS3, please post your bugs report on the forum, under Development -> Bug reports
An emulated host based on a very small Linux (likely to be Linux microcore) is under development and will be distributed with the next releases as well as in standalone. The documentation and translations will be updated in the next weeks.
Hope you will appreciate this new version which is a big strep forward.