Cisco network certifications are some of the most sought after IT (Information Technology) certifications. There are four levels of Cisco certifications (Entry, Associate, Professional, and Expert) to enhance your professional credentials. Specialist certifications are also offered to verify focused knowledge in many topics.
According to Cisco, “Expert Level Network Design and Architecture Experience CCDE Assesses advanced Network Infrastructure Design Principles and Fundamentals for large networks.
A CCDE can demonstrate an ability to develop solutions which address planning, design, integration, optimization, operations, security and ongoing support focused at the infrastructure level for customer networks.”
The next CCDE Practical exam registration is open. There are only three locations around the world: Chicago, Illinois USA, London UK, and Hong Kong, and the exam will take place on 26th August 2009.
The way to register was not very clear too me, so let me share it here in case you are confused too just like I was.
- You need to pass the CCDE qualification 352-001 exam first
- You need to have an account in pearsonvue.com (you should have it by now, since you must create an account there to register for the qualification exam)
- Go to Cisco Learning Network, CCDE, Practical Exam tab.Or just click this link.
- Click on one of the locations in Registration Steps point no.2.
- The location you select will take you to pearsonvue.com website, login, then select the 352-011 CCDE practical exam. Follow the procedure to pay the exam.