Cisco Networking Academy is pleased to announce the release of Cisco Packet Tracer version 5.3, a minor release that includes the following new protocol support and enhanced functionality:
* Improved Linksys models, added WEP wireless security algorithm, Cable and DSL enhancements
* Call Manager Express (VOIP support)
* FTP server and routers/switches – server and client
* Email system (SMTP and POP3) – server and client
* Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) – limited implementation that allows for a more realistic representation of the Internet for scenarios
* Generic IP end devices – to create more versatility in device creation
* Activity Wizard Initial Tree enhancements – more scenario variations
The new protocol support and activity wizard enhancements in version 5.3 will enable instructors to teach concepts in CCNA Discovery, CCNA Exploration, and CCNP courses more effectively, including the following:
* Networking for Home and Small Businesses: Improved Linksys models and wireless security protocols and algorithms, generic IP end devices
* Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP: Better DNS, improved DHCP, wireless security, new FTP, SMTP, POP3
* Introducing Routing and Switching in the Enterprise: Improved multi-area OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
* Designing and Supporting Computer Networks: New VOIP, Call Manager Express
* Network Fundamentals: Improved HTTP, DNS, DHCP; new FTP, SMTP, POP3
* Routing Protocols and Concepts: Improved multi-area OSPF, EIGRP, new BGP
* LAN Switching and Wireless: Improved Linksys models, wireless security algorithms, 802.11
* Accessing the WAN: New PPPoE, enhanced IPSec, Cable and DSL enhancements
* Improved multiarea OSPF, EIGRP, new BGP
We recommend upgrading to the new version to take advantage of the many improvements included in this release. To learn more about how Packet Tracer can be used in each Networking Academy course, please view this new Packet Tracer 5.3 Curricula Support chart.
Packet Tracer 5.3 is currently available for download from the Packet Tracer resource pageon Academy Connection. To access this page, log in to Academy Connection and click the Cisco Packet Tracer graphic on the left of the page, select Software Downloads, then select the appropriate download package for your needs. The previous version of Packet Tracer, version 126.96.36.199, will continue to be available for download.
Packet Tracer 5.3 supports activities authored in Packet Tracer 5.0, 5.1, and 5.2.x. All activities included in IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software, CCNA Discovery, CCNA Exploration, and CCNA Security are also fully compatible with Packet Tracer 5.3. Please note that activities authored or saved with Packet Tracer 5.3 can only be used with the version 5.3 software.
For more information, please review the Packet Tracer 5.3 FAQs and the updated resources available on the Packet Tracer resource page on Academy Connection.
Download | Size: 73.93 MB
[This hidden content is only available for our VIP member]. Become VIP Member NOW