Installing and operating a Wi-Fi hotspot allows you to attract customers and differentiate your business. Deploying even a small wireless network has proven to be a difficult task for the average consumer, however. With this book as your guide, you can painlessly figure out the requirements for your Wi-Fi hotspot, how to properly set it up, how to operate it, and how to optimize it for the needs and security of your customers.
Wi-Fi Hotspots helps you throughout the entire process of setting up a hotspot to offer free or fee-based Internet access to the general public:
- Understand the benefits to your business of hosting a hotspot
- Decide what type of hotspot you should implement
- Examine what equipment is best suited for your hotspot
- Follow step-by-step procedures for setting up your hotspot
- Get the word out about your hotspot availability
- Ensure your hotspot is not used improperly
- Evaluate Wi-Fi security concerns
- Fix common problems hotspot users face
- Increase the coverage area of your Wi-Fi hotspot
Whether you are a small business owner looking to attract customers and distinguish your business or you are an IT professional at a larger organization looking to establish hotspot connectivity, this book provides you with everything you need to know in order to provide public wireless Internet access.
Eric Geier is a computing and wireless networking author and consultant. For several years, he’s be employed with Wireless-Nets, Ltd., a consulting firm focusing on the implementation of wireless mobile solutions and training.
Eric is a Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA). He is an author and contributor of several books and eLearning (CBT) courses. He is a regular contributor at Wi-FiPlanet.com.
Title: Wi-Fi Hotspots | Size: | Download |
If you want get the unzip password, you need to become VIP member. Then send a request to email@example.com.