Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices, Part 1 (ICND1), Second Edition, is a Cisco®-authorized, self-paced learning tool for CCENT™ and CCNA® foundation learning. This book provides you with the knowledge needed to configure Cisco switches and routers to operate in corporate internetworks. By reading this book, you will gain a thorough understanding of concepts and configuration procedures required to build a multiswitch, multirouter, and multigroup internetwork that uses LAN and WAN interfaces for the most commonly used routing and routed protocols.
In Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices, Part 1 (ICND1), you will study installation and configuration information that network administrators need to install and configure Cisco products. Specific topics include building a simple network, Ethernet LANs, wireless LANs (WLANs), LAN and WAN connections, and network management. Chapter-ending review questions illustrate and help solidify the concepts presented in the book.
- Understand the principles on which basic networks operate
- Explore the operation and configuration of LANs
- Extend the boundaries of the network by implementing and securing wireless connectivity
- Configure routers to provide connectivity between different networks
- Learn about IP addressing number conversion
- Establish WAN interconnectivity using point-to-point links, DSL, and cable services
- Configure Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Use Cisco IOS® commands to determine the layout of a Cisco network topology
- Manage the router startup and work with IOS configuration files and Cisco IOS images
Download | Size: 4.36 MB