This content is only accessible by Registered Users. If you have not yet registered, you will be prompted to register, before proceeding to access this content.
Explaining WLAN Technology and Standards
Upon completing this lesson, you should be able to do the following:
· Describe the Unlicensed Frequency Bands
· Describe the Radio Frequency Transmission Characteristics
· Describe the different Channels
· Describe the different 802.1 Standards
· Describe the different WLAN Security Issues
Exploring Wireless Networking
Upon completing this lesson, you should be able to:
· Understand the Market trends
· Differences between WLAN and LAN
· Describe Radio Frequency Transmission
· Identify Organizations which define WLAN (ITU-R, IEEE, WiFi Alliance)
Introduction to 802.11n
This Quick Learning Module examines the current status of 802.11n, its features and functions, as well as its expected impact on wireless technology.